Digital Marketing is a promotional term used for the marketing of any product through online services, using digital technologies like the internet, search engines, social media and mobile. Digital Marketing has developed since 1990-2000s and it has changed the way brands and businesses utilize technology to market their products.
In reality, people nowadays spend way too much time online on different websites than they used to before and it is also a known fact that the way people buy and shop truly has changed, meaning offline marketing has become less effective.
Gone are the days when messages that people got came from you and consisted of only what you wanted them to know. In today’s generation, people have excess to information related to all types of products and services through digital media all free of cost. People want brands they can trust, companies that know them, communications that are personalized and relevant and offers that are tailored to their needs.
When you market your product, it is extremely essential to connect with your audience at the right place and the right time. People nowadays are spending more time on the internet and thus enter – Digital Marketing (A form of marketing that exists online).
From the time you create your own company website to the ways in which you brand it – digital advertising, email marketing, online brochures, internet marketing strategies and beyond, there is a huge spectrum of assets and tactics that you have under your chosen umbrella of digital marketing. Here are some of them:
- Your website
- Blog posts
- Online brochures
- Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter)
- Interactive Tools
- Search Engine Optimization – It is a digital marketing strategy through which your website is easily available to audiences on search engines like Yahoo and Gmail. It increases the site’s presence online on search engines through unpaid means. A website with high search engine optimization gets higher traffic online which can lead to good marketing.
- Search Engine Marketing – This is another strategy in which a website is advertised online through internet marketing activities to promote a business to audiences online through paid means. It is the fastest way to gain online presence and traffic in a short period of time.
- Social Media Marketing – Another strategy in which a brand or business is advertised on social media platforms through catchy and quirky content created especially to grain traction for a particular brand.
- Pay- Per- Click (PPC) – A method of gaining traction for your website by paying a publisher every time your ad is clicked. Example – Google Adwords.
- Email Marketing – This method is used to create a sense of communication with the customer and keep sending them intimations about products and services to promote discounts and offers.
What Are The Benefits of Digital Marketing for Business?
The world of marketing is shifting from traditional marketing like TV advertisements, billboards and flyers to digital marketing. This shift has shown a large scale usage of the tactics of online marketing such as PPC, Email Communication, web tracking and SEO. Digital Marketing gives businesses of any size access to the mass market at affordable prices and unlike TV and print advertising, it allows truly personalized marketing. Digital Marketing is largely growing in popularity because of its effectiveness in engaging clients and leads through accessible means. So, Marketers, If you’re wondering about the benefits of this kind of marketing, look no further.
There is no effective way of knowing how many people looked at your billboard or looked at your flyer. In the case of digital or online marketing, you’re provided with solid and reliable results of how many people clicked on a specific link or opened your email, for example.
Customers today are looking for a flexible and costumed journey. Digital marketing allows you to use an individual’s interest and preference to tailor the marketing technique you use with them. Personalization is one of the biggest assets of digital marketing.
Connect With Mobile Customers
Having a mobile-friendly online presence that is optimized for smartphones and tablets can influence buying behavior. 82% of mobile searches use their phones to check for in-store purchases and 65% look for the most relevant searches to their queries. 33% of mobile users have purchased from a different brand than the one they had in mind because of the information listed.
Improved Conversion Rates
Converting a consumer online is as easy as a few clicks. They can easily click on a link and make a purchase or learn more about a brand from the comfort of their homes.
The internet today is a growing area and it has taken over the marketing industry globally. Thus, Digital Marketing ensures that your brand, company or product is made available globally and is easily reachable to consumers worldwide, through digital means.